Piano Safari- Bk 1 Repertoire (2nd edition 2018)
Designed to provide a solid foundation for beginners, Repertoire Book 1 contains six key elements that promote the well-rounded development of each student: Rote Pieces, Reading Pieces, Folk Pieces, Technical Exercises, Improvisation, and Theory.
Note: a code for the audio tracks may be found in the front cover of the Repertoire Book.
- Reading Pieces begin with pre-staff notation and transition to a landmark-based intervallic system that is focused on mastering 2nds and 3rds.
- Composed with a colorful harmonic pallet, Rote Pieces are pattern-based and use a wide range of the keyboard.
- Students enjoy playing familiar tunes. The Folk Songs provide motivation and finger number review.
- The seven animal-themed exercises teach students the essential gestures necessary for a strong technical foundation.
- Improvisation Pieces are included throughout the book to enhance creativity and imagination. They also provide reinforcement for musical and technical concepts.
- Theory Pages provide students with music theory review in a worksheet format.